Do you sing or play a musical instrument?
Would you like to bring joy to an appreciative audience?
Are you interested in making a difference in your community?
Concerts in Motion provides opportunities for students of all ages to perform for the older New Yorkers at area nursing homes, senior centers, group residences, and private homes.
There are five different ways to participate:
- Sign up to perform for a homebound individual. Your child will be guided by CiM staff. Please see the links below to learn more.
- Tuesdays at 4:00 pm Chinatown (Various recipients) Tuesday Homebound Sign Up
- Wednesdays at 4:00 pm UES (Mrs. Grun) Wednesday Homebound Sign Up
- Wednesdays at 5:15 pm UWS (Mr. Solomon) Wednesday Homebound Sign Up
- Thursdays at 4:30 pm UES (Mrs. Peralta) Thursday Homebound Sign Up
- Fridays at 4:00 pm UWS (Mr. Couzon) Friday Homebound Sign Up
- Sign up to perform in a group concert at a nursing home or assisted living residence. Please see this link for sign up to learn more about our Talented Youth Series.
- Concerts in Motion regularly schedules middle school and high school aged students to perform in Intergenerational Variety Shows throughout the five boroughs. These concerts also feature talented performers from the communities we are serving. If you are interested in participating in these concerts and you perform in a chamber ensemble or school group, please contact Melany at email@example.com.
- If you are a high school student interested in our Youth Leadership Training Program, please email Melany at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
- If you are interested in dedicating your mitzvah project to bring music to older individuals or people with disabilities, please contact Melany at email@example.com to discuss our Mitzvah Series.
The agencies that receive these concerts all welcome performances by students no matter what level you are in your study. We ask that you are performance-ready.
QUOTES FROM PEOPLE WHO RECEIVE THESE CONCERTS:
"Your music makes me hold my heart and say life is still beautiful."
"That was amazing. I forgot how much I loved live music. I haven't heard any in so many years."
"I can't believe someone would come to do this for me."